The Padre Pio Foundation of America presents an 11 Day Pilgrimage to Italy with Spiritual Director Rev. David Beaumont October 12th – October 22nd, 2015!
YOUR TRIP INCLUDES:
- Round trip air from JFK or Newark Airport -Taxes included
- First Class 3 & 4 Star Hotels
- Breakfast & Dinner Daily
- Air-conditioned motor coach
- English speaking guide
- Sightseeing as per itinerary
- Porterage of one piece of luggage at hotels
- All taxes and service charges
- Daily Mass and Rosary
- Mass at the Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi
- Visit the Tombs of St. Francis & St. Clare
- Visit Pietrelcina home town of Padre Pio
- Visit the Monastery of Morcone
- Visit St. Michael’s Cave
- Visit the Basilica of Santa Maria delle Grazie
- Visit of the Tomb of Padre Pio in the Church of St. Pio of Pietrelcina
- Mass at Casa Sollievo della Sofferenza
- Basilica of St. Nicholas of Bari
- Tour of the Trulli in Alberobello
- Papal Audience (provided the Holy Father is in residence)
- Panorama of Rome including a visit of the four major Basilicas of Rome – St. Mary Major, St. John Lateran, St. Paul Outside the Walls and St. Peter’s
Pilgrimage Price: Double/Triple per person $ 3,599.00 Single Sup $ 750.00
- Mon, Oct 12th: New York/Rome Depart JFK or Newark Airport on your overnight flight to Rome. Dinner served in flight.
- Tue, Oct 13th: Rome/Assisi
- Upon arrival at Rome airport we are met by our guide and transferred to Assisi. Upon arrival we visit the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli where we find the Porziuncola. After our visit,
we check into our hotel. After time to rest, we visit the Basilicas of St. Francis and St. Clare, where we see the Tombs of the two Saints.
- Wed, Oct 14th: Assisi Free day for private devotion.
- Thu, Oct 15th: Assisi/Morcone/Pietrelcina
- Morning departure to Pietrelcina, birthplace of Padre Pio. En route we stop at Morcone. When Francesco Forgione (Padre Pio) was fifteen years old, he was admitted to the novitiate of the
Capuchin Order of the Friars Minor in the Monastery at Morcone. After our visit, we continue to Pietrelcina, birthplace of Padre Pio. We visit Padre Pio’s home, the Church of Santa Ana, where he was
baptized and we have Mass at Santa Maria degli Angeli. Next we stop at Piana Romana to visit the place where Padre Pio received the invisible stigmata.
- Fri, Oct 16th: Pietrelcina/St. Michael’s Cave/San Giovanni Rotondo
- Morning departure to San Giovanni Rotondo. En route we visit St. Michael’s Cave where St. Michael the Archangel appeared. Upon arrival in San Giovanni, we visit the Basilica of Santa Maria
delle Grazie and the new Church of St. Pio of Pietrelcina to see Padre Pio’s Tomb.
- Sat, Oct 17th: San Giovanni Rotondo Visit the English Office
- Today we go to the English Office for a talk on Padre Pio. Remainder of the day is free for private devotions.
- Sun, Oct 18th: San Giovanni Rotondo/Bari/Alberobello
- Morning departure to Bari to visit the Basilica of St. Nicholas of Bari and to have Mass at his Tomb. The remains of St. Nicholas were taken from southern Turkey in 1087. They lie in the
crypt and are the source of pilgrimage for Catholic and Orthodox Christians. After Mass, we continue to Alberobello.Alberobello is so unique it has been designated by UNESCO as a world heritage
site because of its famous trulli zone, the famous peasant houses constructed from the local limestone in a dry stone fashion with conical roofs. These attract thousands of Italian visitors and a few
international tourists eager to stroll around the narrow streets, visiting the myriad shops, bars and restaurants looking for those wonderful photo opportunities. Upon arrival you will see single and
some double coned trulli dotted amongst the olive groves and farmland. The town itself is quite small with under 12,000 inhabitants but this swells considerably in the high seasons and weekends with
people keen to take a stroll through this delightful living monument. Once there everything is relatively close together and certainly all in walking distance, so bring your comfy shoes and camera
and enjoy this enchanting experience!
- Mon, Oct 19th: San Giovanni Rotondo/Rome
- Morning departure to Rome. Sit back and enjoy the view as we head north passing through the regions of Basilicata and Campania arriving at Lazio and the “Eternal City” of Rome. Upon arrival
we check into our hotel.
- Tue, Oct 20th: Tour of Rome
- Today we have a Tour of Rome. We see the Coliseum, the Roman Forum and the monument to Victor Emmanuel. We leave our bus for a walk through Rome. We start at Piazza Navona where we see the
artist square and the cafes that line it. Minstrels pass from cafe to café entertaining the tourist. We continue through the side streets of Rome to the Parthenon. We end our stroll at the Trevi
Fountain where we stop to toss our coins in the Fountain. During our tour, we visit the four major Basilicas of Rome- St. Mary Major, St, John Lateran, St. Paul Outside the Walls and St.
- Wed, Oct 21st: Papal Audience
- This morning we go to St. Peter’s Square for the Papal Audience (provided the Holy Father is in residence). Remainder of the day is free
- Thu, Oct 22nd: Rome/USA
- Morning departure to Rome Airport for our return flight to the USA
Padre Pio Pilgrimage on the Road!
Pictures below are taken in Assisi!